Wellington Zoo is the Zoo with the biggest heart. We are a team of powerfully passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals - within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are supported by a community that actively takes part in our commitment to caring for and saving species locally, nationally and globally.
We are guided by the ethos Me Tiaki, Kia Ora! We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish. We lead the way in modelling sustainable behaviours, and it is up to us collectively to make a difference for animals and the wild places they call home.
We have the opportunity for a permanent full time Sales and Service Manager within our Business and Partnerships team. Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to think strategically and holistically with respect to revenue generation and customer service, is a critical requirement for this role. This role reports directly to the General Manager Business and Partnerships.
The Sales & Service Manager ensures all Zoo visitors receive a warm welcome and excellent levels of service. The role encompasses management of all the Zoo’s sales and service functions, which include the main entrance, visitor services, venues and catering, retail, and commercial products, including memberships, Close Encounters, School holiday programme, etc. The Sales & Service Manager will also provide strong leadership for the Sales & Service Team and act as a champion for the commercial operations of the Zoo, which are key in supporting the on-going success of Wellington Zoo as a social enterprise.
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong business acumen and experience driving commercial products and sales - knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organisation, knows the competition and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Demonstrated experience in people management, with a track record of motivating and driving success in a sales or customer service team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and effective relationship management skills with internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for the power of social enterprise and an understanding of the role commercial revenue generation plays in the success of a non-profit and social enterprise
- Experience in a retail and/or sales environment
- Experience in a venues/functions sales and management environment
- Experience with managing cash handling procedures and processes
Applicants for this application should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Applications close end of business Friday 16 August 2019.
Info on how to apply:
For more information on this vacancy please download the Job Description, and to apply click ‘Apply now’.
For more information on Wellington Zoo please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com