Wellington Zoo is the Zoo with the biggest heart. We are a team of powerfully passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals - within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are supported by a community that actively takes part in our commitment to caring for and saving species locally, nationally and globally.
We are guided by the ethos Me Tiaki, Kia Ora! We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish. We lead the way in modelling sustainable behaviours, and it is up to us collectively to make a difference for animals and the wild places they call home.
We have an opportunity for a full-time Partnerships Advisor within our Business and Partnerships team for a 12-month fixed term contract. The Partnerships Advisor plays a pivotal role in driving financial success and supporting on-going operational and capital development, and through this work making meaningful contributions to Wellington Zoo’s community, conservation and sustainability work.
We’re looking for someone with a background in relationship management, partnerships, communications, sales, and/or fundraising who can tell compelling stories through proposals, meetings and events, and can underpin their work with strong business processes.
The role encompasses the development and engagement of both new and existing partnerships with corporate sponsors, trust/government funders and individual supporters, including members and donors. We’re launching a new CRM system (Salesforce), and a background in or experience building processes to support partnerships and fundraising will be a plus.
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent communication (written, verbal), relationship management and engagement skills;
- administrative skills and experience
- a proven track record in partnerships/business development and/or interest in sales;
- experience building processes to support fundraising and partnerships; past experience with CRMs (Salesforce) will be a plus
- demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and plan, prioritise and organise time effectively and achieve targets;
- business acumen, negotiating skills and the ability to identify/capitalise on opportunities and close the deal;
- an interest in conservation and the work of the Zoo.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Applications close end of business Sunday 22 September 2019.
Info on how to apply:
For more information on this vacancy please download the Job Description, and to apply click ‘Apply now’.
For more information on Wellington Zoo please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com