Wellington Zoo is committed to its vision of igniting a zoo revolution. We care about making connections between animals, people and our environment, while growing love and support for the zoo. We punch above our weight in leading the way by connecting people with animals, saving animals in the wild and ensuring that we are a voice to be heard.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our animal care team on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily care of a variety of species and habitats within the zoo. They will also need to be confident engaging with our visitors.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have:
- A minimum of two years' experience working within a zoo keeping role or equivalent experience with a variety of species in human care and their husbandry.
- National Certificate in Captive Wild Animals, Certificate in Zoo Keeping or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of behavioural and environmental enrichment techniques and animal husbandry training.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, solve problems and work well in a team environment.
- The flexibility to work on a roster that will include weekends and public holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills combined with excellent visitor engagement skills.
Applicants for this application should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Applications close end of business Friday 14th June 2019.
Info on how to apply:
For more information on this vacancy please download the Job Description, and to apply click ‘Apply now’.
For more information on Wellington Zoo please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com