Our dream is to ignite a Zoo revolution. Wellington Zoo is a team of powerfully passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals - within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are supported by a community that actively takes part in our commitment to caring for and saving species locally, nationally and globally.
We are guided by the ethos Me Tiaki, Kia Ora! We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish. We lead the way in modelling sustainable behaviours, and it is up to us collectively to make a difference for animals and the wild places they call home.
We have an exciting vacancy for a Keeper, full time permanent.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the daily care of a variety of species and habitats within the Zoo. They will also need to be confident engaging with our visitors.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with a variety of animals in human care and their daily husbandry.
- National Certificate in Captive Wild Animals, Certificate in Zoo Keeping or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of behavioural and environmental enrichment techniques.
- The ability to work with limited supervision, solve problems and work well in a team environment.
- The flexibility to work on a roster that includes weekends and public holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills combined with excellent visitor engagement skills.
Applications close end of business Sunday 16th December 2018.
For more information on this vacancy and how to apply please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com